The Treaty 8 Economic Development Corporation is seeking a highly motivated individual to join its team as CEO. We’re a recently formed corporation, established by the Sovereign Nations of Treaty No. 8, with a mandate to pursue business opportunities.
As CEO, it will be your responsibility to:
- Develop high quality business strategies – ensuring alignment with short-term and long-term objectives
- Oversee operations and business activities – ensuring they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission
- Provide strategic and analytical leadership and supervision while reporting to the Board
The suitable candidate will also have the following qualifications:
- A role in Indigenous governance, including First Nation, federal, or provincial politics
- A business acumen in Treaty Areas, as well as Nationally and Internationally
- Experience in Business Administration
- Experience in Resource Development
- Experience in Finance and Accounting
As CEO, you will be a prudent and inspiring leader with a Treaty mindset and business acumen. You will ensure the maintenance of our unique and valuable livelihood, cultures, and identities – while developing our economies. To thrive as the Treaty 8 Economic Development Corporation CEO, you will be dynamic, adaptable, and resilient. The CEO understands that building success in our economies and businesses is often met with challenges in an ever-changing political and legal landscape.
The Treaty No. 8 leadership affirm and assert our inherent rights and have the responsibility to ensure a prosperous future for our Treaty No. 8 First Nation communities and peoples. The T8EDC Board is composed of First Nation Leaders and business professionals.
For more information or to apply, send your cover letter and resume to Melissa Gillis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compensation: Determined by Relevant Experience Level of Candidate
Location: Treaty 8 First Nations of Alberta Sub-Office, Edmonton, AB
Deadline: Friday, June 24, 2022 or until suitable candidate is selected
Attention: Board Members
Treaty 8 Economic Development Corporation
c/o Melissa Gillis, Chief Strategy Officer at email@example.com